My friend Sarah Withee wrote an article about her accomplishments in 2015. She inspired me to do the same. By taking the time to write a list of what we have accomplished well in the year, it allows us to realize that we have a lot of things to be proud of! As human beings, we tend to forget our good moves too easily and only remember what went wrong…
My successes in 2016
- First internship in software engineering. I worked at Greencopper where I developed mobiles apps for music festivals around the world
- Learned Objective-C
- I coded for the first time in Python
- Now, I know how Git works in command lines
- I write some lines of code in NodeJS
- I learned that we can play the dinosaur game when we don’t have the internet…yep, took me a long time to figure that out lol
- Bought a Macbook Pro in March 2016 – I don’t regret it!
- I sold my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I bought an iPhone 7
- Launched my blog Girlknowstech in March – I missed writing
- Improved significantly my English writing skills
- Created my Instagram account which has 6745 followers
- I went from Hotmail to Gmail
- Attended my first hackathon, and then 2 more during the year
- I went to Toronto for IEEE N3xt
- Took part in 2 two-day conferences (WTM and WordCamp MTL)
- First mentoring experience with Ladies Learning Code
- I got straight A’s at university
- My wardrobe is mostly composed of programming/swag t-shirts
In another article, I’ll share with you my professional and blogging goals for 2017!
What about you? Share with me some of your accomplishments in comments. I’ll be glad to know a bit more about your successes! We need to be proud of ourselves!