Who am I?
Hello! I’m Marie-Philippe, a third-year software engineering student at École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS) in Montreal. I also have a college degree (DEC) in Computer Science. English is not my first language, it’s French! If you see me doing any mistakes in an article, don’t hesitate to tell me – I am writing this blog in English to improve my writing skills!
Currently, I am involved with the student club INGénieuses de l’ÉTS (translation in English is impossible, but it means women engineers).
Les Ingénieuses de l’ÉTS is a student club who want to create a network to promote and encourage women to pursue careers in engineering and applied sciences. I’m in this organization because it is very important to me to make the field of engineering, especially software engineering, an area with more diversity.
I first started being a member in September 2015, then in 2016 I became in charge of communciations (social media), then Vice-President. Since September 2017, I am now president of the club.
Why create this blog?
I have been wanting to create a blog for a long time. I owned one from 2009 to 2014 – I was writing book reviews. When I entered in Computer Sciences, I didn’t have any time to read – I had stopped my blog.
I was missing the feeling of writing articles on a blog. It is much easier to learn new things when we are working on a concrete project. This is what drives me to work on this blog. It allows me to go even further in my knowledge of WordPress!
On this blog, you can read articles about tech events taking place in Montreal, those in which I participate. There are also various blogging tutorials an how to’s, as well as articles about women in tech because that’s a really important cause for me!
Follow me on social media
You can always contact me by email for any inquiries.
- International Women’s Day 2018: Panel at my university about how we can make sure my university is inclusive
- October 13th, 2018: Girls and code, montreal movement. Panel about my path to tech and software engineering
In the press
- Engagement étudiant, des grands honneurs pour Marie-Philippe Gill
- Quand on veut, on peut! Journal Le Plus, May 16th, 2018
- Glamour Magazine, Spain – November 2017 issue
- Interview on RepHike
- Interview “Why I Chose My Major” on HaleyMarieBlog
- Interview on She Does Digital
- This Girl Knows Tech And She Wants to Inspire Every Budding Woman In STEM Around The World – Meet Marie-Philippe Gill
- Marie-Philippe Gill: Tech Blogger & Instagram Star – WiTech.org
- 15 Female Web Developers to Follow On Instagram, on Vanila Blog
- My top 5 Female Tech Blogs (and why you should follow them), on Luminous
- 20 Tech Influencers to Follow, Dealspotr
- Quelle est la place des femmes en génie?, on Genium360 blog
- Top Blogs Young Women In Technology Should Follow – Code Like A Girl
- Women in technology –