To welcome the new year, I thought of writing an article to share my blogging and coding goals for 2017. I never have personal resolutions, but I still have some that are about my blog and my social networks! If you’re curious about what’s coming next for my blog, keep on reading! 😉
Oops… While writing this article, I changed my mind and decided to write some personal/professional goals for myself!
I find it important to share our goals, especially those about a blog, because if I am going to accomplish them, it’s going to be because my readers helped me. It seemed important to share them with you so you all will be able to help me! Also, sharing this publicly gives me an extra motivation to accomplish my goals!
Personal and coding goals
- Assist to 6 conferences or hackathons
- Learn Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Finish Advent Of Code 2016 🔴
- Try 10 different coffee shops in Montréal
- Get business cards done
- Post a technical article each week, on Monday
- Post a couple times per month my weekly update
- Change the theme of the blog to be more professional looking ✅
- Get an SSL certificate for a secure connection
- Increase the security of my blog
- Write 25 articles so that I will be able to participate in Blogmas 2017!
- Fix a bug with images on Safari
- Create a new logo for the blog 🙁
I have a lot of trouble to write newsletter consistently. I hope I can improve that this year and get better.
- Send 12 newsletters (one each month)
- Get 500 followers on my newsletter
- 15 000 followers
- 475 pictures
- 1000 followers
- 2500 tweets in total
I think I am going to post an article each quarter so you can all follow my progress throughout the year!
What about you? Have you got any goals for 2017 you would like to share? I am curious!