I recently realized during searches on the internet that it is essential to edit the unsubscribe form to our newsletter. If one of our subscribers unsubscribes because he does not like the content of our newsletters, we will still offer that person to follow us on social media instead! Maybe he didn’t like your emails but still wants to know when you publish new content.
So, modify today the unsubscribe form of your newsletter. Add your links to your social networks to make it even easier to follow you everywhere! Lose fewer subscribers!
What you will get from this tutorial
In this tutorial, we will add the part that recommends people to follow you on your social networks with the logos of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest!
Changing your unsubscribe page on MailChimp
- Go to MailChimp and log in
- From the top menu, click “Lists.”
- In front of the list, you want to modify, click on the arrow then “Signup Forms.”
- Select “Form Builder”
- Under “Forms and response emails,” select “Unsubscribe Form.”
- Under “Build it,” click on the “edit” button on the text. The button will appear when your mouse is over the text to be modified, as in the screenshot below:
- A popup will open later. Click on the icon to the right, “<>” as shown in red below:
- At the bottom completely of the incomprehensible content you see now, paste the code below. It can be scary at first, but it’s straightforward! I’ll explain this code to you.
<strong>Follow me!</strong> <a href="YOUR FACEBOOK LINK HERE"><img height="48" width="48" src="https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-facebook-128.png" /></a> <a href="YOUR INSTAGRAM LINK HERE"><img height="48" width="48" src="https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-instagram-128.png" /></a> <a href="https://twitter.com/girlknowstech"><img height="48" width="48" src="https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-twitter-128.png" /></a> <a href="YOUR YOUTUBE LINK HERE"><img height="48" width="48" src="https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-youtube-128.png" /></a> <a href="YOUR PINTEREST LINK HERE"><img height="48" width="48" src="https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-pinterest-128.png" /></a>
- This code that you see is called HTML. Each code like this:
<a href=""></a>is a link! So, between each quotation mark, you have to put the link your social media account, for example, “https://instagram.com/girlknowstech”! Next, the HTML code that looks like
<img src="">is used to show the logo of the website. You don’t have to change anything. If you don’t use YouTube, remove this portion of the code:
<a href="YOUR YOUTUBE LINK HERE"><img height="48" width="48" src="https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-youtube-128.png" /></a>
- Once you’ve changed all your links to your social networking accounts, click on “Save & Close”!
There you go! I hope I was able to make these easy steps for you! If not, do not hesitate to leave a comment under this article, it will be my pleasure to help you more!
This is a brilliant idea! I don’t use Mailchimp, do you think it would work for other forms?
Yes I’m certain. You would just need to be able to edit your unsubscribe form! 🙂
This one was really explained easily even a non technical girl like me can do it now. I also wanted to know something
1/ I am using a free plan in Mail chimp and so if i use any template then will Mail chimp automatically add the unsubscribe link in my template?? or do i need to add it manually??
2/ Also when someone clicks on that unsubscribe link , Does mail chimp redirects them to a unsubscribed confirmed page by default or we need to create one page and then link that with the unsubscribe link?? Bit confused. Please answer.
Hello Jayati ! Thanks for your comment.
1) Yes, Mailchimp will automatically add “Unsubscribe me” at the end of your emails when you send them.
2) They send the user to a default page which you can edit (that’s the one I’m talking about in the tutorial of this blog post)
I hope this helps!