My boyfriend created his own blog today about architecture. He chose to use HostPapa as his host. I helped him to setup his blog, so in this article I’ll show you how to install WordPress on your HostPapa server. I documented the process as I think it could be useful to others.
In addition, if you have an OVH server, I already have an article where I guide you step-by-step on how to install WordPress.
HostPapa uses cPanel and Softaculous Apps Installer. The latter offers several installation packages – we’ll use it today for WordPress.
This article contains affiliate links. This doesn’t cost you anything, but I can earn a small commission if you buy something or sign up on a website. This helps me to maintain the blog. My full disclosure is here.
Steps to install WordPress on a HostPapa server
- Login and go to the HostPapa cPanel tab. To log in, check the email you received from HostPapa and giving you your information to connect to CPanel. In the “cPanel Information” section, use this username and password.
- If you log in for the first time in CPanel, you have to change your password.
- Go to the Applications Section
- Click on Apps Installer
- On WordPress, click on “Installer”
- Enter these informations:
- Choose Protocol : http://
- Choose Domain : Select your domain name from the dropdown list
- In Directory : If you want your wordpress directory is a folder. If you only want to have only your wordpress site on your server, do not put it in a folder and leave it blank.
- Site Name : The name of the website you want to create
- Site Description : The description of your website
- Enable Multisite : If you want to create a multisite WordPress
- Admin Username : The username to log in to WordPress. Change Admin and use something else, it is safer.
- Admin Password : Your password to log into your wordpress
- Admin Email : The email address associated with your administrator account
- Select Language : Select the language of your WordPress dashboard
- Limit Login Attempts : If you want to protect your site from some attacks by limiting the number of consecutive login attempts. This is a wordpress plugin “loginizer”. You can install it at any time if you change your mind later.
- Database name : Enter the name of your database. I left it as the default
- Table Prefix : The prefix that will contain all your tables from the database
- Diable Update notification : If you check this box, you will receive emails to notify you that you need to update WordPress
- Auto Upgrade : To automatically install updates to WordPress. I suggest you put no, because each update may cause compatibility problems so I always prefer to do these updates manually.
- Auto Updgrade Plugin : To automatically update your WordPress plugins. Again, I would not and would do it myself manually. It’s not complicated, just a click to do!
- Auto Updgrade WordPress Themes : To automatically update your WordPress themes. My suggestion is the same as the last two points!
- Select a Temporary Theme : You can change immediately when your site will be online and it will be much easier to view the list of topics available.
- Email Installation details to : You can enter your email to receive details of your installation
- Click on save and voila!
Congratulations, your WordPress is now installed and configured! All you have to do is go write new articles to publish!
In conclusion, it is really simple to install WordPress on HostPapa web host, I was pleasantly surprised!