As I have already shown you what Trello is and how to create your editorial calendar, today I will explain how to integrate Trello with Google Calendar and iCal! This will allow you to see the due dates of your tasks along with the other tasks of your daily life.
Basic steps for Trello
- Click on “Menu”, then “Power-Ups”
- Click on “Calendar”. This power-up has to be activated.
- Click on the gear to open the settings of the Calendar
- Copy the URL which is framed in the URL below:
- Then follow the steps according to the type calendar where you want your Trello board.
Steps to add Trello to Google Calendar
- Go on Google Agenda
- As shown in the image below, select the small arrow to the left of your calendar. Click “Add By URL”
- Paste the URL Which we previously copied from Trello, then click on “Add Calendar”
- If you do not like the color assigned automatically to your new calendar, you can go to modify it as well as other parameters by positioning your cursor on the calendar then clicking on the small arrow that will appear to its right.
Steps to add Trello to iCal
- Open iCal
- Click on “File”, then « New calendar subscription… »
- Paste the URL of your Trello Calendar, then click on “Subscribe”
- The window below will be displayed after. Enter the name you want for the calendar, change its color, and then for configuration, choose whether you want the new calendar to be stored directly on your Mac or iCloud. For automatic updating, I selected “Every day”!
- Click on OK, and you’re done!
I hope you liked this article and that it will help you be a bit more organized. Don’t forget that I also posted other articles on Trello. One to explain to you how Trello works, and another one to show you how to create your editorial calendar!