Hello everyone ! Recently, Facebook groups are becoming more and more popular. Particularly those for “blogging”, in which I am very involved. It is often said that what is the most important when we have a blog is to find places where we can reach our audience. In my opinion, FB groups are one of the best and easy ways we currently have.
After trial and error which I will talk about in this article, I finally found the most efficient way for me to never forget when I have to promote an article and on which group to do it. Keep reading, and you will become a professional of FB group promotion!
Not for everyone?
Of course, these Facebook groups are not for all audiences. Even me at first, I felt a little out of the crowd. You are not unaware that my blog is aimed at all lovers of technology, with an inclination for women in the industry for some articles I publish. On the other hand, I may promote my posts on a lifestyle blogging group and meet a woman in computer science. And it is this type of encounters that I seek! Some might say that it takes too much time, and not enough results, but I am satisfied with what I get…
The best niches, in my opinion, to have success on Facebook groups:
- Blogging Tips
- Social Media
- Photographer or someone who offers services
- Small companies
If your niche is not listed, do not close this article. I’m sure you could still have some success on Facebook. You can even analyze how many visitors are coming to your blog from Facebook groups, so it’s worth to try, right?
Too much time, not enough results?
Look at the screenshot above! I think that these numbers are pretty convincing for anyone who might doubt the advantages of FB groups! 😉
To be honest, publishing on Facebook groups takes me up to 15 minutes a day, and that’s when I publish on 5-6 groups for a single day. 15 minutes is not much! You can easily promote your blog posts while watching Netflix, nothing very complicated!
I also saw as an argument that Facebook groups do not contain “real people”! Yes, I was told that! I agree, there is a lot of “link dropping”, that is, someone who paste their link and never come back on the group to visit the blog of others. It happens, yes. Remember that I analyze all the traffic coming from the Facebook groups on my blog, and I am very satisfied with the number of new visitors I get, so no need to worry about that!
Also Read | Is your promotion on FB Group really working?
How To Never Forget To Promote Your Blog
Todoist to the rescue
For several months, I was a member of various Facebook groups. However, I was not doing a lot of promotion. Why ? I did not have an established schedule, no way to remember when to post where. I initially tried to have the schedules of groups posted in my iCalendar, but I ended up having so many events that the days of promotions were just too overwhelming — I ended up deleting that calendar. Also, this solution does not let you check the task when it’s completed!
And… what’s the best part of all this? Todoist is completely free! They offer a premium version of course, but you can do all of this with the free version of the software!
How to create recurrent events like me
Create a Todoist account
- Create your account
- Login! You can either use Todoist online or download the app.
Import my task list so you do not have to manually create it
If you prefer to create your tasks manually without your template, the step-by-step guide is below.
- Register with the form below to get the template for Todoist!
- On Todoist, create a project that will serve you exclusively for promotional tasks. To do this, click “+ Add Project” in the left bar. Write the name you want.
Note: If you ever use the downloaded version and do not see the menu on the left, just enlarge the Todoist window. If it is too small, the left menu disappears!
- Go to your email and find the one I just sent you (it might be in the promotion or even spam folder). Click on the link included. You will get to a page like this one:
- For “Import into”, choose the project we just created. I called it “Promotion”
- Click on “Import” to import the Promotion project and get all my recurrent tasks
- It’s already over! You should see the new projects filled in the menu on the left.
Create your recurring tasks manually
You might be a member of more Facebook Groups than me. In this step by step, I will show you how to add them, so your list is complete!
- In your Promotion project, click on “Add a task.”
- Write the name of the group in the following form. This will create a link as the name of your task, so you just have to click on the title of the task to go in the FB group (another timesaver here)!
[Tech Blogger's Community](https://www.facebook.com/groups/techbloggerscommunity/)
- In the right input, write the days where you want this task to pop up. Some examples:
- Every Monday
- Every Monday and Friday
- Every weekday
- Here you go! Create as many tasks as you need to, according to the FB groups you are a member of!
Add Todoist tasks to Google Calendar
Todoist now handles the creation of events on Google Calendar and others. Here is the step by step guide if you are interested. However, you need a premium or a business account to access that functionality (paid plan).
I also look to Zapier or IFTTT to offer you a free solution, but the event creation function only works on new tasks, not recurring ones. For the latter, a premium account is still required… In other words: no free option for now!
I hope this article will help you organize yourself in promoting your blog! Promotion is essential for a blog if you want to be read. Besides, I spend more time doing promotion then to write new articles…
Let me know in the comments if this use of Todoist helps you and if you have any suggestion to make me!